Are you looking to build a library of Decodable Readers in your school as recommended by the Science of Reading? SyllaSense Decodable Readers provide opportunities for students to develop and practice grapheme-phoneme correspondence as well as an understanding of orthographic conventions, morphology, and high frequency words.
These books are ideal for educators searching for a more systematic approach to teaching the building blocks of reading, while still keeping meaningful text and natural language structures at the forefront. Created in Canada, these engaging, meaning-rich stories are a great addition to any school or home library!
• texts only include concepts that have been previously introduced and explicitly taught
• blending can be used to read all words on the page, with the exception of a small selection of High Frequency Words
• books contain natural language structures and are meaning-driven
• stories are engaging with interesting characters and plots
• prefixes and suffixes are introduced in books, providing the opportunity to explore concepts of morphology
• books follow a well-defined and extensive Scope and Sequence